Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Closest Thing to an Invisible Shoe



To footwear designer Andreia Chaves, each shoe is an individual work of art. Raised in the busy metropolis of Sao Paulo, Brazil – Chaves understands that beauty can be found in chaos, a concept that reveals itself in her footwear designs. She explains this in her own words, "The fact that I grew up in a chaotic city like Sao Paulo, full of contrasts, being in contact with such diversity and constant exposure to different visual inputs, has inspired me in how I think and conceptualize my shoes. Looking at my work, I can clearly see influence coming from my South American sense of versatility. Also in the mix - what I have been experiencing in Europe."

During her time in Florence she’s been intensely studying form, texture & visual effect, and experimenting with different materials on footwear design. These concepts come to life in each shoe created. For example, “The Invisible Shoe” has a mirrored surface, creating a deceptively obscured optical effect with every step taken. The chameleon-like façade blends in perfectly with any environment.

No comments: